7/21/2009

Initiative

in⋅i⋅ti⋅a⋅tive

[i-nish-ee-uh-tiv, i-nish-uh-]

–noun
1.an introductory act or step; leading action: to take the initiative in making friends.
2.readiness and ability in initiating action; enterprise: to lack initiative.
3.one's personal, responsible decision: to act on one's own initiative.
4.Government.
a.a procedure by which a specified number of voters may propose a statute, constitutional amendment, or ordinance, and compel a popular vote on its adoption. Compare referendum (def. 1).
b.the general right or ability to present a new bill or measure, as in a legislature.
–adjective
5.of or pertaining to initiation; serving to initiate: Initi-ative steps were taken to stop manufacture of the drug.
It seems as though I lack initiative. When it comes down to it, there is a fear of making that first move that lingers my mind and my mind ONLY. Or any move at all, for that matter. Comfort is where I don't have to take a chance. A chance allows the probability of failure. In my perspective, at least. For the most part, I let the other party take the initiative. Why? Because I follow. It's safe. :) To lead, well, it's not my thing. There are risks. No thank you. One must be ready and willing. Maybe someday, but not anytime soon. Well... I will think about it. Taking the lead/initiative does open doors to new possibilities. I do have more to say. However my thoughts are running in circular logic though. As a final thought, in the near future, hopefully I can gather the courage to do so. If you see me holding my head high and the sarcasm is awfully low, you'll know. You'll know.
Source(s): Dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment